Is a normal thing when you have a particular bike, then you join one club or similar motorcycle community.Because, aside from adding friends, join a community / motorcycle club brings many benefits, one of which is that we can know more information about the motor is used. So if you’re having trouble with the motor problems encountered, at least you can share it with friends club.
As a motorist, you know that driving a motorcycle himself with riding a motorcycle in a group / group is very different. When your own motorhome, you can control your own pace and were able to use the attention to look ahead and anticipate. But it’s different when you’re driving in a group (eg touring). Well, consider the following tips for those who often drive the motor in a group / groups:
Always look in the rearview mirror and wait
- By far, the most important thing that must be remembered when you are driving a motor in a group is to always check the rearview mirror from time to time to see if the other riders behind you are still there or not.
- When you lose someone, stop! You can stop anywhere, but try to find a safe place. To be safe, always check three or four people behind you.
- If you become a rider in front and realized that there are few people left, you have to decide a U-turn to check what happened. If there is a problem, try someone else in your group know.
Strive to create a small group
- In most cases, it is recommended to have not so much the number of people in a group. The groups will meet when eating, drinking, or refuel. Figures are ideal for a group should consist of 5-6 riders.
- Do not forget that you also mentioned that there would be a separate group. This sub-group must have at least one rider who memorized the street or road conditions to create a meeting point with other groups.
The most experienced rider must be in front
- A rider who should be the most experienced group leader when traveling. Typically, this experienced rider who knows how fast he had to drive so that the other party not to miss. He must also see more of the rearview mirror to make sure his entourage in the intact condition.
- While it is important also the last rider in the lineup knows the route well. The reason, he could monitor anyone behind and help you get back to the group.
Maintain a distance
- Remember to always keep a distance, especially when you’re just behind the first rider. He may forget to turn left or right, so that you can predict the movement of a sudden he does.
- One to keep in mind when you are riding a motorcycle in a group is always responsible on the speed of your motor. Always follow the rhythm of the speed in your group, and try not to make things that can injure yourself and others in the group.
- If you want to catch up, do it for sure. Previous course you also have to ensure the speed and the road situation before you do.
Special formations if possible
- Strive to establish Staggered Formation (formation lined up in two rows) when you and a group through a long, straight streets.
Well, that’s some safety tips when touring motorbike. Surely, if still give priority to the principle of Safety Riding , touring trip with friends club / community will be more enjoyable.